Consequences of DWI and DUI Convictions in NJ
H. Scott Aalsberg, Esq., P.C.
The Winning DWI Lawyer
If your found guilty to any DWI or DUI in the State of New Jersey you will be
subject to the following 10 NJ DWI Penalties: (No Exceptions)
Please note: A DWI or DUI charge in New Jersey are considered
one and the same with the exact same penalties if convicted
1. You will Face a minimum of up to 30 days in jail.
2. Lose your right to drive without restrictions.
3. You will have a permanent record on your drivers license which can never be
expunged or deleted. This may prevent you from finding employment, seeking financial
aid, buying a house, or renting an apartment.
4. You will have to pay Fines, Surcharges and Court Costs which can range from a
minimum of $3,500.00 to $4,500.00.
5. If you are lucky and get only Probation instead of jail or in addition to jail, you will have
to submit to random drug and urine testing and pay a fee to the probation department. If
you violate Probation such as stay out later than your allowed, travel outside a
designated area, leave the state or country you will generally go immediately to jail.
6. In indictable DWI/DUI matters (4th degree or higher), you will be required to provide a
DNA sample, which could be used by law enforcement for the investigation of other
criminal activity, and pay for the cost of testing.
7. You must pay restitution if the court finds there is a victim who has suffered a loss.
(example: if you were in an accident you will have to pay the victim for the damages to his
car or property)
8. If you are a public employee of a government agency, school teacher or an office
holder, you can may be required to forfeit your job, pension or office when found guilty.
9. You may be required to do Community Service. (Mandatory for 2nd Offense NJ DWI or
10. Increased costs for homeowners, apartment, life and car insurance due to the fact that
you are considered a "poor moral hazard." The increased cost in insurance alone over
the next 3 years can in most cases easily pay for the cost of representation thus, we can
save you even more money than what our fee will cost you today.
|H. SCOTT AALSBERG, ESQ., P.C.
Attorneys at Law
39 Milltown Road 2nd Floor, East Brunswick, N.J. 08816
1028 Route #23 North, Wayne, N.J. 07470
1-800-9-RIGHTS or (732) 257-5040
|Helping Clients Get
Verdicts For 22 Years
SERVING ALL OF
Protect Your Rights
Don't give up! The Law Office of H. Scott Aalsberg will provide you with experienced attorney representation for your New
Jersey DWI or DUI violation. For over 21 years we have helped thousands of clients avoid the penalties a conviction will bring.
Preparing a proper defense to your DWI case takes time, and just as if you had cancer you wouldn't wait until the day you die to
get medical attention, nor should you wait to the last minute to hire a lawyer to represent you in your DWI or DUI case. Everyday
you wait the harder and less likely you will get a successful result.
Don't wait until its too late protect your rights . Call our office now and set up a free in office consultation, the call is free the
advice on how we can help you with your NJ DWI or DUI charge may be priceless.
|Free Consultation with
an Experienced NJ
DWI / DUI Lawyer
5 Important Facts for All NJ
DWI and DUI Cases
- In NJ It does not matter
how much you drank but
how much the State of
NJ can prove you drank
- In NJ Just because the
breath test is over .08
does not mean your
guilty of a DWI. Proper
procedures in operating
the test must have been
- In NJ Just because you
refused a DWI test does
not mean that your also
guilty of a DWI
- In NJ no provisions exist
for a "to work license" or
a "special hardship
license" to drive but the
judge may issue a
temporary license to
drive home from court.
- A NJ DWI Arrest does
not equal a conviction,
put our success in over
8000 cases to work for